Refresh updates wrong tab

MudGuard

Oct 4, 2021, 8:32:13 AM10/4/21
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
Hi,
I often work with quite a lot of tabs, and refresh them (either per Right-Click on the tab, or  per F5 (I assigned that key) to the refresh command).

When SqlWorkbench has been running for some time, and several tabs have been opened for sql select statement results, the refresh starts to update the wrong tab. I.e. it does not refresh the active tab, but the tab that was active when the last statement has finished.
E.g: I have 10 tabs open, then I run a new statement, the result is put into a new tab (tab 11).
Now I switch to tab 5, and say refresh.
Instead of tab 5, tab 11 gets refreshed.
While the refresh in tab 11 is still running, I switch to tab 8.
Now the refresh in tab 11 is finished.
I switch to tab 5, and tab 8 gets refreshed.

As some of my statements run for quite some time (several minutes), it is very annoying to have to wait for the wrong tab refreshement to finish, before I can then refresh the tab I really wanted to refresh.

Apart from that I am a very happy user of SqlWorkbench ...

Thomas Kellerer

Oct 4, 2021, 4:57:13 PM10/4/21
to sql-wo...@googlegroups.com
Which build are you using?

MudGuard

Oct 5, 2021, 3:14:28 AM10/5/21
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
125 (I just see, there is a newer one available. Will try that and report again).

MudGuard

Oct 6, 2021, 8:05:11 AM10/6/21
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
now I have 127 working for more than 24 hours - the problem did not yet occur again.

Somehow I must have missed the message for the new version(s) - usually I fetch the update immediately  (if it's not a developer version).

Sorry for the disturbance ...

Andreas