JDK 17 and launcher issue

Chuck May

Sep 22, 2021, 9:45:49 AM9/22/21
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
JDK 17 was recently released and when I updated to it (from JDK 11) Workbench would no longer launch.  I looked over past messages and found that a new launcher was released 4 months ago.

When I coped those two executables to the install directory then the application launches fine.

Just curious why a full release was never made with the corrected launcher files?

Thomas Kellerer

Sep 22, 2021, 2:43:57 PM9/22/21
to sql-wo...@googlegroups.com
The new launcher is part of the current dev builds

Chuck May

Sep 22, 2021, 3:28:22 PM9/22/21
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
I didn't realize that.  Thanks.