exporting multiple txt files

GT

Jul 11, 2023, 10:15:07 AM7/11/23
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
I am generating and output txt file which consists of 1 column of data.
Each row is on it's own line.
This file can have more then 20 Million lines and it looks like the limit for txt files in 7 Millionish.

Is there a way to have it create a multiple files with the remaining lines of data so I dont loose data?
I am mostly concerned with loosing data so if there is another way that would work please let em know.

WbExport -file='C:\filename.txt'
         -type=text;
SELECT
sampleid
FROM dw.dx_alinity_ci_result_f_vld;

Thomas Kellerer

Jul 11, 2023, 10:28:17 AM7/11/23
to sql-wo...@googlegroups.com
There is no limit of the number of rows written to a text file.

What exactly is the error message you get?

GT

Jul 11, 2023, 10:58:20 AM7/11/23
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
You are so right.  I am embarrased.  I looked in the preview window in windows explorer and it was cutting off one of the numbers so i thought the file ended.  When I actually opened it, everything was there.  Just ran a file with  17 million lines without issues.

Thanks!!