Problem connecting to Databricks cluster

Bilal Haniff

Nov 4, 2021, 8:30:42 AM11/4/21
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool

Has anyone managed to connect to a Databricks cluster via the JDBC connector ? I am trying to connect a SQL querying tool (from my laptop) to my Databricks cluster and SQL endpoint, however I get a "Connection timed out: connect".  I'm using the Spark JDBC driver and my connection string seems to be correct (according to ADB support page).

[Simba][SparkJDBCDriver](500593) Communication link failure. Failed to connect to server. Reason: com.simba.spark.jdbc42.internal.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connect to adb-xxxxx.x.azuredatabricks.net:443 [adb-xxxxxx.xx.azuredatabricks.net/12.345.67.456] failed: Connection timed out: connect. [SQL State=08S01, DB Errorcode=500593]

I'm wondering if this is a firewall issue, as I can access databricks from my browser