Displaying Chinese characters in Workbench in Windows

kuljit...@snowflake.net

Jul 1, 2016, 11:15:49 AM7/1/16
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
I have trouble displaying Chinese characters in Windows version of workbench.  I don't have this issue running on Mac.
My locale is English/US.  Please advise what I need to do with workbench to get it to display correctly.
Thanks.

Thomas Kellerer

Jul 3, 2016, 2:39:28 PM7/3/16
to sql-wo...@googlegroups.com
You need to use a font that can display Chinese characters. Most probably the default font doesn't support them.

Thomas

kuljit...@snowflake.net

Jan 6, 2017, 6:51:33 PM1/6/17
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
Sorry I lost track of this.  I resolved the issue by inserting -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 in the java command.
Thanks.

刘颛

Sep 30, 2021, 2:30:14 AM9/30/21
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
You need to make a Chinese character version of the properties file for java locale.