Update or delete a row does not work for me

fd fd

Mar 16, 2021, 7:43:57 AM3/16/21
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
Database: MariaDB 10.5
JDBC: MariaDB Connector/J 2.7.2
Operating System: Zorin OS

Hi, I just started to use SQL Workbench on today but I'm unable to update or delete a row from my table.

My data remain the same even though i changed the column data or delete the row by "delete row".

I tried to press the "Send a COMMIT to the database" after modify my row still nothing happens as well.

Thomas Kellerer

Mar 18, 2021, 4:01:28 AM3/18/21
to sql-wo...@googlegroups.com
How and from where do you check that the rows are deleted?

If you check that from a different connection where auto-commit is disabled, then you are probably affected by MariaDB's default isolation level "repeatable read".

Either enable auto-commit there, or simply run "COMMIT" before running the SELECT statement or change the default isolation level to "read commmitted".

Thomas