apache ignite jdbc connection , catalog /schema issue

Johny

Feb 2, 2023, 9:24:55 AM2/2/23
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
Hi,
I am trying to connect to the apache ignite database, using JDBC provided with it.
The connection works fine, the issue is that SQL workbench adds catalog name to tables name (also with schema) so I can't see any data in tables:
Ignite has default PUBLIC schema, but also IGNITE catalog.

when creating a table I can just type " CREATE TABLE TEST" and SQL workbench correctly shows that table on the list

trying to see table data, I got an error that table doesn't exist, as it tries to show data from IGNITE.PUBLIC.TEST table and informs that schema IGNITE not found.
is there a possibility to somehow ignore that schema in default queries?

I looked at the settings and added in the config:
workbench.sql.ignoreschema.[dbid] = IGNITE

workbench.db.[dbid].retrieve.create.table.query = %table_name%

(also tried those options using my real ignite DBID instead of [dbid]

but no luck with that.

any ideas?

Thomas Kellerer

Feb 4, 2023, 3:11:26 PM2/4/23
to sql-wo...@googlegroups.com
You need to disable the use of catalogs:

workbench.db.apache_ignite.catalogs.supported=false

Regards
Thomas