Feature Request: Import data using graphical user interface

Jorge Garcia de Alba

Jan 20, 2022, 9:44:36 AM1/20/22
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool

I imported a csv file into hsqldb database using dbeaver's import data gui and it worked great. It would be lovely to have that available on sqlworkbench/j.

Jorge "JR"

Thomas Kellerer

Jan 20, 2022, 4:35:21 PM1/20/22
to sql-wo...@googlegroups.com
I am not planning that.

SQL Workbench focuses on running SQL - and I strongly believe important things should be put into a script to begin with, so that you can reproduce or re-run it at any time.

However, the DataPumper does support importing files, so there is a GUI to do that.
It doesn't support all features of WbImport though.

Thomas

Jorge Garcia de Alba

Jan 21, 2022, 7:30:12 AM1/21/22
to sql-wo...@googlegroups.com
Great. I appreciate that idea. I have used data pumper to transfer
data from one database to another and that was successful.