sql macro/snippet sharing between multilpe users/team

Norbert Bede

Jul 10, 2023, 3:40:56 AM7/10/23
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
Hi,

I need your suggestion on how we we can organize many SQL snippets/macros, but across multiple users in team. (dev1, devN)

Norbert

Thomas Kellerer

Jul 10, 2023, 5:24:28 AM7/10/23
to sql-wo...@googlegroups.com
You can specify a non-default macro file to be used per connection profile.
That file can be stored on a shared network drive, so that multiple users can use the same file.

By using a profile specific macro file, you can also use different macros for different environments or DBMS.

But SQL Workbench won't detect conflicting updates to that file.

If one user changes the macros list and saves it from within SQL Workbench, it will overwrite the file without asking.

Thomas