Copy to clipboard and selected rows

Richard Czech

Nov 2, 2021, 1:57:56 PM11/2/21
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
Hello,

the new "copy to clipboard" dialog has a checkmark to copy selected rows only.
This works as expected.

However, if in the next query I want to copy all rows, the dialog opens with the "selected rows" option greyed out. I can't uncheck it. The selection will be empty, as the option still is active, but there are no selected rows.

To uncheck the option, I use this procedure:
  • close the "copy to clipboard" dialog
  • select some rows
  • open the "copy to clipboard2 dialog
  • uncheck the "selected rows" option
This could be optimized... ;-)

If "selected rows" is checked, but no row was selected, the copy function should copy all rows. This is what I expected, as the option is greyed out, thus I thought, the "selected rows" functionality is not in use in this case.

Alternatively, it should at lest be possible to uncheck "selected rows" if no row was selected.

BTW: I like the new "copy to clipboard" very much. Especially the little progress box showing the progress for very large result sets is very helpful.

Regards
Richard