SQLBuddy development

MaddinXx

Jan 18, 2013, 11:42:17 AM1/18/13
to sql-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone

First, let me thank you for SQLBuddy - it's the easiest to use & prettiest SQL Management tool out there. Great!
I really appreciate all the work which has gone into it.

However, I was a bit disappointed that it is no longer developed - so I started forking your project and implementing features by my own.

What I've done so far
  • change project structure (directories)
  • secure exports directory
  • removed whitespace from all files
more to be done includes at the moment
  • more config options (hide DBs, hide Users tab etc.)
  • cleanup
  • source code documentation
  • template system (completely seperate logic from view)
You can find the progress at: https://github.com/MaddinXx/sqlbuddy

However, I'm not a that advanced PHP developer and doing everything alone is not fast and not fun :) Therefor I wanted to invite everyone to contribute the development of further SQLBuddy releases.

@Calvin Lough

I really hope you have nothing agains this plans :) I think the MIT license allows me to do so - but still, I'd like to have your "Go".

Another one - would you mind posting the update-check script?

Thanks a lot & I'm looking forward to bring SQLBuddy forward!

Regards,
Michel

Calvin Lough

Jan 18, 2013, 11:53:20 AM1/18/13
to sql-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michel, go right ahead! If you will be seriously launching this as a new project, you will probably want to think of a new name to avoid confusion.

I was using http://www.sqlbuddy.com/versioncheck2.php to check for updates, but that page isn't online anymore. I believe all it did was query a database that I had and grab the version number of the latest release. So the only output is a string like "1.3.1". It could be done manually by putting a static text file on a server, you would just need to make sure to update the text file when you did a new release.

A Njagi

Feb 7, 2013, 4:23:31 AM2/7/13
to sql-...@googlegroups.com
Good work Buddy go for it

A Njagi

Feb 7, 2013, 4:26:08 AM2/7/13
to sql-...@googlegroups.com
( ! ) Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '../../../config.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\sqlbuddy1\core\includes\class\Sql.php on line 14

( ! ) Warning: require(../../../config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\sqlbuddy1\core\includes\class\Sql.php on line 14

MaddinXx

Feb 7, 2013, 5:29:30 AM2/7/13
to sql-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I know, there are some problems currently regarding the new directory structure. I might redo my work with old structure as this was a big change and my skills aren't good enough to adapt all paths etc. (like your errors show).

However, these features are already included and will be included again as soon as I can start over:

- secure download dir
- hide DBs
- server/host dropdown
- hide users tab

I hope to be able to "restart" soon - help is appreciated as always!

e...@techie.com

Sep 4, 2014, 5:08:35 PM9/4/14
to sql-...@googlegroups.com, michel.k...@gmail.com
Hey Michel,

I see that the GitHub repository no longer exists. Are you still actively developing the code base?

Thanks for your time,

Eric