Development Continues

Brad Touesnard

Aug 9, 2015, 10:30:07 AM8/9/15
to sql-...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

Just want to let you know that we have taken over the SQL Buddy project from Calvin Lough. We are Delicious Brains Inc., a small company (6 people) that currently sells a database tool for WordPress called WP Migrate DB Pro.

Our plan is to revive SQL Buddy, clean it up a bit, fix some long standing bugs, and lead development, accepting pull requests and providing a roadmap. The longterm goal is for SQL Buddy to be a complete replacement for phpMyAdmin and a much better alternative.

SQL Buddy will remain free open source but will benefit from having resources devoted to it from a profitable company.

We promise to stay true to the spirit of SQL Buddy that Calvin has established, highly valuing design, user experience, and the little big details. This is easy as these values are already ingrained in our company.

If you have questions/concerns I'm happy to do an AmA (Ask Me Anything) here on the mailing list.

Stay tuned for more updates!

Cheers,
Brad

Lukas Oppermann

Aug 11, 2015, 3:28:52 AM8/11/15
to SQL Buddy
Nice! I would be very interested in a roadmap. Is there also going to be support for sqlite?

Ben S

Oct 14, 2015, 9:28:12 AM10/14/15
to SQL Buddy
Very promising, New major version of MySQL is out and I can see SQLBuddy becoming outdated with the next big release of MySQL

Remi Grumeau

Jan 12, 2017, 8:35:55 AM1/12/17
to SQL Buddy
Hi Brad,

Are you still taking over SQL Buddy?

Remi

Brad Touesnard

Jan 12, 2017, 9:42:59 AM1/12/17
to sql-...@googlegroups.com
Our team has been chipping away at a 2.0 rewrite of SQL Buddy in Laravel Lumen and Vue.js. It's been slow going but it's coming along. Feel free to contribute at https://github.com/deliciousbrains/sqlbuddy/tree/develop.

Cheers,
Brad

Remi Grumeau

Jan 13, 2017, 3:30:33 AM1/13/17
to SQL Buddy
Wow ok
That's sounds like a total rewrite from scratch, which is nice, but more like a new totally separate project than a take over.

Remi
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sql-buddy+...@googlegroups.com.

Ernst Jacob

Feb 2, 2017, 9:56:51 PM2/2/17
to SQL Buddy
I just installed the last SqlBuddy Version in my Test OpenCart 1.5.6.5, running under PHP 7.0.15 , and it works as perfect, as ever before!
I just had to include the old version opencart_permission.php, as it has been part of MaxD's legendary OpenShop Admin Extension,
and use the old OpenShop SqlBuddy Version config.php, then, I was able to ENTER SqlBuddy by use of the DEFAULT OpenCart Admin
DB Login Credentials.

My OpenCart.com Forum Posting to the Sql Buddy can be found here:
https://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=172928

Thank you very much !
Ernie - IP_CAM