SQL Anywhere 12 supports Mac OS X ?

vikas sharma

Nov 16, 2010, 11:42:57 PM11/16/10
to sql-anywhere-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,
I have been using developer edition 11 version for my development work and now we have obtained license. Using developer edition shows the message box "Developer editon. not licensed for deployment." Can i upgrade this version with a licensed one without installing licensed version from sybase website.

Also, the developer editition 11 also has support for MAC OS but i don't see an option to prepare deployment for MAC OS. The SQL anywhere 11 has tool to prepare deployments for windows.

My requirement is to bundle db file and required DB engine (Personal server and client interface) with our product. What exactly should i download from the sybase website ?

Requirements are:

1) need to package a DB file

2) package deployment for SQL anywhere  Personal server and client interfaces (oledb and odbc). It should be for windows 32 bit and windows 64 bit and MAC OS. I don't see an option to prepare such deployment for MAC OS.

--
Vikas sharma
9008000682

Eric Farrar

Nov 18, 2010, 11:14:25 AM11/18/10
to SQL Anywhere Web Development
Hello Vikas,

Yes, you can upgrade your current "Developer Edition" with your paid
license. All you need to do is run the SQL Anywhere 11 installer and
enter the new key that you have obtained. That key will correctly
license your server and remove the "Developer Edition" message.

As you mentioned, the SQL Anywhere 11 deployment wizard is only
supported on Windows. You can still build deployments for Mac OS,
however you need to manually assemble the files yourself. Full
information on developing a deployment package for Mac OSX can be
found in the documentation at: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.html#1101en/dbprogramming_en11/pg-deploy.html
.

You should not need to download anything else from the Sybase website.
All the files you need to assemble should be part of your local
install. If you install is not on a Mac OSX machine, you will need to
do an install on a Mac OSX machine to get access to the files you
need.

Please let me know if you have any questions about anything in the
documentation.

- Eric