Mobilink Server suddenly stops

Alex

Sep 7, 2010, 8:57:04 AM9/7/10
to SQL Anywhere Web Development
Hello,
We are using Mobilink Server (mlsrv10) started as a Windows service
for our synchronization between a UL database and a synchronization
database. It worked OK for a while when it started to have a strange
behavior: it suddenly stops by itself, we restart it, it works again
for a while, then it stops again...
Do you have any idea about the cause?
Thanks.

Josh Savill [Sybase An SAP Company]

Sep 9, 2010, 3:04:06 PM9/9/10
to SQL Anywhere Web Development
Alex,

What specific version and build of the MobiLink server are you
running?

Is the MobiLink server crashing or being shutdown? Providing a -v log
from the MobiLink server will confirm whether the mlsrv10 process is
crashing or whether it was told to shutdown.

Is the MobiLink server running as a Windows Service?

Cheers,
Josh Savill - Product Manager
Sybase | An SAP Company

Alex

Sep 12, 2010, 8:23:58 AM9/12/10
to SQL Anywhere Web Development
Hello Josh,
To answer your questions:
1. We are running mlsrv10, version 10.0.1.3788
2. There is a shutdown by itself. We use the -v+ option, and we see
sometimes some errors in the log file, but it seems there is no direct
link between these errors and the server shutdown. In this last case,
of course, no message appears in the log file (since the server is
shutdown) and for the clients the message SQLE_COMMUNICATION_ERROR
appears.
3. Yes, the Mobilink server is running as a Windows service.

Thanks,
Alex

On Sep 9, 10:04 pm, "Josh Savill [Sybase An SAP Company]"
> > Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

Josh Savill [Sybase An SAP Company]

Sep 13, 2010, 4:17:00 PM9/13/10
to SQL Anywhere Web Development
Alex,

This sounds to me like the MobiLink server could be crashing. If you
go to "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SQL
Anywhere 10\diagnostics" on the machine, do you see a set of crash
reports? If so, I recommend opening a case with technical support to
attempt to isolate the cause of the crash. A technical support case
can be opened by calling 1-800-8Sybase. You can submit the crash
report to the SQL Anywhere engineering team by running "dbsupport -
sa". Take note of the crash report numbers to reference in the
technical support case.

If you are running the MobiLink server as a Windows Service, make sure
you do not have Interact with Desktop set as part of the Service. This
can cause unexpected shutdowns of the MobiLink server.

Cheers,
Josh Savill - Product Manager
Sybase | An SAP Company

Alex

Sep 15, 2010, 2:55:39 AM9/15/10
to SQL Anywhere Web Development
Yes, indeed there are several crash reports. On another side, after
solving some programming errors, the server did not crash any more
(strange, normally programming errors are logged, but don't cause the
crash of the server, especially being only managed code .Net). So, I'
think I'll wait a little bit until contacting the support to see if
it's ok.
Thanks.

On Sep 13, 11:17 pm, "Josh Savill [Sybase An SAP Company]"

Josh Savill [Sybase An SAP Company]

Sep 16, 2010, 4:40:14 PM9/16/10
to SQL Anywhere Web Development
Alex,

Good to hear the problem is resolved. You are running an older version
of the MobiLink server, so it is possible this problem has been
resolved.