Spyware and Javascript?

Dimple

Mar 13, 2009, 2:10:00 PM3/13/09
to Spyware Removal
Hello,

So my work machine got hit by Spyguard.exe and I started getting
popups about installing Spyware Protect 2009. I know I am against
malware and everything is taken care of.

One of the servers (to which I am connected through a LAN connection)
got junk javascript code which had an iframe which looked like it was
pulling information from our sites. We got rid of the javascript code
and quite a few machines crashed (obviously).

My confusion is.... R both these occurences related? Does the spyware
protect insert junk javascript code flowing through a LAN connection?
I am trying to find "what" exactly happened and HOW!

Pleaseeeeeee help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dimple.

pcbutts1

Mar 26, 2009, 5:00:30 PM3/26/09
to spyware...@googlegroups.com
Yes and no it could have happened at the same time or they could be separate
that depends on which malware infected you. Spyware guard will try to load
other malware. Is your system clean now?

Google-Mail

Apr 10, 2009, 2:50:49 AM4/10/09
to pcbutts1
>> Hello,

>> So my work machine got hit by Spyguard.exe and I started getting
>> popups about installing Spyware Protect 2009. I know I am against
>> malware and everything is taken care of.

>> One of the servers (to which I am connected through a LAN connection)
>> got junk javascript code which had an iframe which looked like it was
>> pulling information from our sites. We got rid of the javascript code
>> and quite a few machines crashed (obviously).

>> My confusion is.... R both these occurences related? Does the spyware
>> protect insert junk javascript code flowing through a LAN connection?
>> I am trying to find "what" exactly happened and HOW!

Huh?? What about the logfiles? Just check your machine which was first - the egg or the henna.
That's what the log files are for.

Dimple Shah

Apr 10, 2009, 9:09:26 AM4/10/09
to spyware...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for your response.
Yep. System is clean, but I am just trying to find out if both the events are related.
Regards,

Dimple.

- Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

**** Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. ****

rickyma...@gmail.com

May 1, 2009, 12:54:26 PM5/1/09
to Spyware Removal
Try and protect your computer.
If you are like me then you have probably tired many different types
of scans to try and protect your computer. There are many different
options available but I have found that most of them pick up the same
bugs whether you pay for the scan or download a free version. Search-
and-destroy Antispyware (http://www.Search-and-destroy.com) is one of
the best that I have found so far and it cost less than many of the
other well-known scans on the market today. If you are searching for a
good scan I suggest that you check out the antispyware solution from
Search-and-destroy.