[ANN] Spyder 5.2.0 is released!

Daniel Althviz Moré

Nov 24, 2021, 6:13:03 PM11/24/21
to spyder

Hi all,

On the behalf of the Spyder Project Contributors, we are pleased to announce that Spyder 5.2.0 has been released and is available for Windows, GNU/Linux and MacOS X: https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/releases

This release comes more than 8 weeks after version 5.1.5 and it contains the following new features and important fixes:

  • Add new entry in preferences to turn off plugins
  • Add experimental support for PySide2
  • Show standard streams when running code in the IPython Console
  • Speed up search in the Find plugin
  • Migrate the IPython Console to the new API
  • Add new mechanism for plugin teardowm
  • Add a way to create stacked widgets connected to the IPython Console like Plots and the Variable explorer

In this release we fixed 34 issue and merged 61 pull requests that amount to more than 390 commits. For a full list of fixes, please see our Changelog.

Don't forget to follow Spyder updates/news on the project's website.

Last, but not least, we welcome any contribution that helps making Spyder an efficient scientific development and computing environment. Join us to help creating your favorite environment!

Enjoy!

Daniel and Carlos

Steven Wang

Dec 6, 2021, 8:07:40 PM12/6/21
to spyder
Hi,
May I ask what is Spyder Kernel version of 5.2.0. I need to install it in another Python environment for using Spyder.
Thank you.

Carlos Córdoba

Dec 7, 2021, 9:55:41 AM12/7/21
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steven,

Sorry for the late reply. The spyder-kernels version for Spyder 5.2.0 is 2.2.0.

Cheers,
Carlos