Spyder not using python from active conda env?

Norilla

Feb 13, 2024, 8:51:19 PMFeb 13
to spyder
Hi,
I have installed Spyder via miniconda and I cant seem to get spyder to use the python in the active env.

What I did was:
  • installed miniconda binary
  • created a new env
  • installed spyder with mamba install spyder
  • installed pdal with mamba install pdal
  • launched spyder
but now when i import pdal, i get "no module named pdal" but I can confirm pdal is installed to that env with the conda list command.

I tried changing the python interpreter to the one in the env via spyder but it doesnt seem to change things. Also in the bottom bar of spyder it either says conda(python 3.11.5) or conda(python 3.11.5) depending on the settings in spyder but it doesnt show the name of the env. If i recall correctly, the env name should show up before the python version.

What am I doing wrong?
Skärmbild 2024-02-01 165232.png