[ANN] Spyder 5.4.2 is released!

Daniel Althviz Moré

Jan 19, 2023, 5:42:49 PM1/19/23
to spyder

Hi all,

On the behalf of the Spyder Project Contributors, I'm pleased to announce that Spyder 5.4.2 has been released and is available for Windows, GNU/Linux and MacOS X: https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/releases

This release comes two weeks and six days after version 5.4.1 and it contains the following new features and important fixes:

  • Improvements to the experimental conda-based Linux installer (shortcut icon, improvements to execute the installer script)
  • Fix issues detected with PyZMQ 25
  • Fix dot completions and improve support for files and directories completions
  • Fix getting current user enviroment variables
  • Fix cursor position restauration after autoformat when saving files
  • Fix error when reverting unexisting files
  • Improvements to the workflows to build conda-based installers
  • Fix some issues related with Python 3.11 compatibility

In this release we fixed 12 issues and merged 16 pull requests that amount to more than 67 commits. For a full list of fixes, please see our Changelog.

Don't forget to follow Spyder updates/news on the project's website.

Last, but not least, we welcome any contribution that helps making Spyder an efficient scientific development and computing environment. Join us to help creating your favorite environment!

Enjoy!

Daniel