Spyder failed to start on Wayland ubuntu

ronb...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2022, 12:37:11 PM1/17/22
to spyder
Hello,

I recently switched from X11 to wayland on Ubuntu 20.04.

After setting the environment variable export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland
I am getting the following error:

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "wayland"
in "".

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, xcb.

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Aborted (core dumped)

This happens with both spyder 4 and spyder 5. I installed spyder with anaconda.
I have qtwayland5 installed.

Other QT5 applications seem to work with wayland.

Carlos Córdoba

Jan 17, 2022, 12:39:54 PM1/17/22
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The Anaconda Qt package doesn't support Wayland. So you need to use the Xorg compatibility layer if possible (I don't know if it is, sorry).

Cheers,
Carlos