TCL/Tk for Tkinter

Layla Jackson

Apr 5, 2023, 9:10:12 PM4/5/23
to spyder
I am getting an error message when trying to use Tkinter on Spyder for python GUI coding.
TclError: Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:
  probably means Tcl wasn't properly installed

I am using a M2 MacBook Air , I have tried deleting and re-installing Spyder and still no luck getting it to work.

Carlos Córdoba

Apr 5, 2023, 9:14:50 PM4/5/23
to spyd...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I have a couple of questions for you to better understand your problem.

  • How did you install Spyder? Did you Anaconda, our own Mac installer, or another installation method?
  • Could you post a simple code example that generates your error? That way we can try to reproduce it and fix it on our side.

Cheers,
Carlos

El 5/04/23 a las 2:33, Layla Jackson escribió:

Message has been deleted

Layla Jackson

Apr 6, 2023, 12:20:43 PM4/6/23
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone thanks for helping.  I installed Spyder from the website. I’m just learning coding for a class and we’re doing GUI using Tkinter. My teacher has example codes that we follow. (attached)

I am using an M2 macbook air. I’ve tried using Active State, but the current version isn’t available for my operating system. I got some help trying to install the tcl with brew & that didn’t work.