Variable editor does not show variables from Python 3.11, but does for internal Python

Will Pisani

Dec 3, 2022, 7:18:13 PM12/3/22
to spyder
Hi! I installed the standalone version of Spyder on Windows 10 (21H2). I installed miniconda and created a spyder-env environment with the spyder-kernels and Python 3.11. When I set the Python interpreter in Spyder to the Python 3.11 spyder-env interpreter and restart the IPython console (to load the new interpreter), variables do not show up in the variable window. However, variables do show up in the variable window when using the internal Python 3.8.10. Is this a bug with Python 3.11 and Spyder? Has anyone else seen this? If so, were you able to resolve it?

Thanks,
Will