Question about Spyder when it loses focus

Fausto A. A. Barbuto

Mar 18, 2024, 2:22:53 PMMar 18
to spyd...@googlegroups.com

Fausto A. A. Barbuto

Mar 18, 2024, 2:35:14 PMMar 18
to spyd...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I observed that Spyder reduces its execution speed considerably when I'm running a script and the focus on Spyder is lost, that is, when I open another window to work on something else (a Word document, an Excel spreadsheet, Solitaire, etc) while the said script is running.

It's even worse when a script is executing and the laptop sleeps. Spyder does not resume execution when the machine is brought back to its active state. I've seen this a couple of times.

Is this normal behaviour?

Thanks,

F.