unable to upgrade to 5.3.3 from anaconda navigator

Thomas Loeff

Nov 7, 2022, 11:33:16 PM11/7/22
to spyder
When I try to upgrade Spyder in Navigator, the upgrade doesn't finish. The only way I have gotten Sypder 5.3.3 is as a stand-alone.

Is there a way to uninstall anaconda and all of its components, folders, shortcuts etc. in case my previous installations are causing problems? I've tried plain uninstall, but I'm always left with folders etc.

M Hagen

Nov 18, 2022, 6:26:01 PM11/18/22
to spyder
Any response on this?
I also cannot upgrade Spyder from 5.2.2. Attempting to upgrade in the base env causes the install script to just hang due to some unknown conflict. It was suggested that I install in a new conda environment. I tried making a spyder533 named env. But I get a new error when I try to install *any* package in this new env:
"CondaSSLError: OpenSSL appears to be unavailable on this machine. OpenSSL is required to download and install packages."

I also tried running the reset Spyder script and uninstalling Anaconda and reinstalling it. Both attempts brought no joy.
I appear to be stuck.
-Mark

Carlos Córdoba

Nov 19, 2022, 8:03:57 PM11/19/22
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It seems your Anaconda installation is corrupted, so it's better for you to remove it and reinstall it.

Cheers,
Carlos

Arun NY

Dec 14, 2022, 12:32:35 AM12/14/22
to spyder
I had the same issue. Uninstalling 5.2.2 and them installing 5.3.3 worked.