connect to remote kernel automatically on startup

Greg Harris

Oct 3, 2023, 2:24:27 PM10/3/23
to spyder
Hi,

Is there a way to launch spyder with instructions to connect to a remote kernel?  I've automated all I can: starting the remote kernel and copying the json connection file locally. But I can't find a way to connect to the remote kernel without using the GUI menu/wizard.  I've searched through past conversations in this group, with no luck.  It looks like an old commandline argument has been removed: --existing.

Alternatively, is there a way to accomplish the same thing by launching spyder from a python script instead of the command line?

Thank you very much,

Greg