Issues with UMR

Faiz Salim

Dec 6, 2021, 8:20:58 PM12/6/21
to spyder
Hi,
For some reason, the UMR has stopped working on my spyder (v4.2.1) and stops updating the external function being called after reloading the module once. Subsequent runs will continue to run the same module as it was at the time of the last run and won't update to include new changes or edits.

In settings, I do have the UMR box ticked and I have tried multiple times to restart spyder. As I mentioned before, it successfully runs with the updated modules the first and second runs, but it won't update in subsequent runs.

I have attached a screen shot of the console during the first 3 runs. Note how in the 3rd run, there is no red text for reloading modules and it doesn't print 'test 3', despite me having updated the code to make it do this.
spyder error.PNG
Thanks,
Faiz