[ANN] Spyder 5.3.3 is released!

Daniel Althviz Moré

Aug 31, 2022, 1:46:17 PM8/31/22
to spyder

Hi all,

On the behalf of the Spyder Project Contributors, I'm pleased to announce that Spyder 5.3.3 has been released and is available for Windows, GNU/Linux and MacOS X: https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/releases

This release comes six weeks and five days after version 5.3.2 and it contains the following new features and important fixes:

  • Printing files now uses a light syntax highlighting theme to prevent printing files with dark backgrounds.
  • MacOS standalone installer now are build using MacOS 11 instead of MacOS 10.15
  • Fix several bugs related with the Layout plugin (save visible plugins to restore their visibility and fix tabify behavior for external plugins).
  • Fix several bugs related with the focus management between the Editor and other panes.
  • Improve Find and Replace speed on the Editor.
  • Fixes to the MacOS standalone application to support being code signed.

In this release we fixed 33 issues and merged 48 pull requests that amount to more than 225 commits. For a full list of fixes, please see our Changelog.

Don't forget to follow Spyder updates/news on the project's website.

Last, but not least, we welcome any contribution that helps making Spyder an efficient scientific development and computing environment. Join us to help creating your favorite environment!

Enjoy!

Daniel