Code analysis and variables in workspace

IdDiS

May 30, 2022, 11:15:33 AM5/30/22
to spyder
Is there a way for the code analyzer to take into account the variables present in the workspace?

For example, I run a code that calculates a large variable. Then, I comment this code. Then, I use the big variable in the rest of the code.
When I do this, the parser tells me that the variable has not been defined. Yet it is present in the workspace. With RStudio it is possible to do, I sincerely hope it can also be the case with Spyder. With Pycharm it is not possible hence my arrival on Spyder.

Regards.

Daniel Althviz Moré

Jul 14, 2022, 2:16:51 PM7/14/22
to spyder
Hi,

I think such functionality is not available but maybe you could check on the GitHub issue tracker if there is already a feature request for something like that and if not open a new issue with the idea:

* GitHub issue tracker link: https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/issues

Best regards,

Daniel