Why Spyder doesn't allow "Shift + Enter" level code execution for selected or cursor script

Ishwor Bhusal

Mar 26, 2023, 9:40:02 PM3/26/23
to spyder
Hey Everyone,
I am checking if anyone has idea how to enable script execution by just hitting "Shift + Enter" in Spyder instead of doing through F9 button, similar to "R-Studio"?

If not, and if Spyder doesn't have this functionality, is there any way that we can submit request to Spyder for this fix?

 Best Regards,
Ishwor Bhusal
Data Scientist

Daniel Althviz Moré

Apr 5, 2023, 6:20:07 PM4/5/23
to spyder
Hi,

You can config the shortcuts used by Spyder actions going to Tools > Preferences > Keyboard shortcuts. I think Shift + Enter is by default set for the Run cell and advance action, but you could change that from the preferences and set it to be the shortcut for the Run selection action. Also, just in case, some more info about the cell functionality mentioned is available at:  Editor — Spyder 5 documentation (spyder-ide.org)

Best regards,

Daniel