How to easily install spyder-kernels manually

PeterG

Jan 13, 2022, 12:21:14 AMJan 13
to spyder
I would like to use my normally installed (I am on Windows 10) python interpreter in Python.  Selecting that interpreter gives me the error that my environment doesn't have spyder-kernels installed.

Unfortunately, my company has an extremely restrictive proxy that prevents pip from working nicely so I have to download and install package .whl files manually from pypi which looks like it will be a prohibitively lengthy process to do one at a time with spyder-kernels due to the volume of dependencies it has.  Is there an easier way to manually download and install everything I need in one swipe instead of one module at a time?

Carlos Córdoba

Jan 13, 2022, 12:31:57 AMJan 13
to spyd...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You could recreate the same Python environment you have in your company's PC at home, use pip to install spyder-kernels, collect all wheels (they are cached somewhere in your hard drive) and bring them to your work in a USB stick.

Sorry that the process is so convoluted for restricted environments like yours, but I can't think of an easier way to do it at the moment.

Cheers,
Carlos