Reply to: Connect Spyder to non-conda environment

Alonso Palomino

Dec 19, 2022, 12:42:49 PM12/19/22
to spyder
Hi Chris P.

I am a Linux user, I have installed Spyder without using Anaconda.
I think the process in Windows can be similar:

1. Create a virtual environment in a directory, for example, C:\test
2. Activate the virtual environment in C:\test
3. With the virtual environment enabled in C:\test install Spyder
      with the command <code>pip3 install spyder</code>
4. In the same way you can install the module "openpyxl"*
     with the command <code>pip3 install openpyxl</code>

 * <code>module openpyxl<code> to read/write Excel 2010 xlsx/xlsm/xltx/xltm files.

You can see the detailed process in this link: Install Spyder5

I hope it is useful for you.
All the best