spyder-kernel is installed but not detected by IDE

Mahmood Naderan

Jul 21, 2022, 11:41:52 PM7/21/22
to spyder
Hi,
I have installed the latest version of Spyder which is 5.1.5. I also have setup a spyder-env and installed spyder-kernel package. However, as you can see in the figure below, when I open the IDE it still says that the spyder-kernel is missing.

image.png

image.png

Can someone help me with that?

Regards,
Mahmood

Daniel Althviz Moré

Aug 23, 2022, 2:24:30 PM8/23/22
to spyder
Hi Mahmood,

The latest available version on the anaconda default channel is now Spyder 5.2.2 so you can either try to update your Spyder installation to 5.2.2 or change the spyder-kernels version to the one supported for Spyder 5.1.5 (spyder-kernels >=2.1.1; <2.2.0). Hope this info helps!

Best regards,

Daniel