[ANN] Spyder 5.4.3 is released!

Daniel Althviz Moré

Apr 5, 2023, 6:25:14 PM4/5/23
to spyder
Hi all,

On the behalf of the Spyder Project Contributors, I'm pleased to announce that Spyder 5.4.3 has been released and is available for Windows, GNU/Linux and MacOS X: https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/releases

This release comes ten weeks and six days after version 5.4.2 and it contains the following new features and important fixes:
  • Add support for QDarkstyle 3.1
  • Add support for Jupyter-client 8
  • Add mambaforge and miniforge when searching for conda environments
  • Fix IPython Console completions, traceback handling and other issues to better support IPython 8.x
  • Fix compatibility issues with PyZMQ 25.x
  • Add warning message before loading .spydata files
  • Fix web based widgets display by adding the --no-sandbox argument for QtApplication
  • Fix copy and paste shortcuts for the Files and Projects explorer panes
  • Fix Windows standalone installer restart mechanism
  • Fix keyring backends for the Mac standalone installer
  • Fix Editor issues related with handling LSP server failed starts
  • Fix Editor issues related with restoring previous session and file changes outside Spyder
  • Fix PYTHONPATH manager showing extra paths and other related errors
  • Fix update available notification with pip based installations
  • Fix some UX/UI issues for the find replace widget when the Editor has a small width
  • Removal of Python 2 related code
In this release we fixed 29 issues and merged 47 pull requests that amount to more than 173 commits. For a full list of fixes, please see our Changelog.

Don't forget to follow Spyder updates/news on the project's website.

Last, but not least, we welcome any contribution that helps making Spyder an efficient scientific development and computing environment. Join us to help creating your favorite environment!

Enjoy!

Daniel