Updater Incompatible with Win64?

Chris W

Apr 3, 2024, 9:08:33 PMApr 3
to spyder
Hi.  Kinda new to Spyder and Python in general, but I find it an invaluable learning tool.  The immediate and easy to use debug and variable watch functions tell me so much more than a print() statement ever will.

Recently reinstalled Spyder from scratch, and a few days later got a New Version notice.  When I clicked Install, it told me the installer was incompatible with 64-bit versions of Windows.

Of course I can get the new version manually and install it, but this error makes me wonder about the longevity of Spyder and whether it's still being supported.  Anyone know why an incompatible 32-bit updater still exists?

Daniel Althviz Moré

Apr 11, 2024, 4:37:51 PMApr 11
to spyder
Hi,

This issue was fixed with the latest release 5.5.4. The issue, and message you are seeing, is due to an incorrect definition of the URL used for Spyder when downloading the new version installer from the Spyder GitHub release assets. For more info about that you can check  5.5.3 Updater doesn't work · Issue #21905 · spyder-ide/spyder (github.com).

Let us know if the info above helps!

Best regards,

Daniel