Understanding Plant Competition and Resource Allocation in SWAT+ Plant Communities

17 views
Skip to first unread message

Ilef Abid

unread,
Sep 8, 2026, 2:40:51 PMSep 8
to SWAT+ Toolbox

Dear SWAT + team, 

I am currently conducting research on how SWAT+ considers multiple plants within the same plant community. My objective is to understand and justify, from a mechanistic point of view, how SWAT+ represents multiple plants in a community, particularly how competition for resources is modeled, how resources are distributed among the plants, and how stress affects each plant.

I have found the relevant Fortran source code, but I am having difficulty understanding the entire mechanism and how the different parts of the code are connected.

Is there any documentation, technical report, paper, or other reference that could help me better understand the underlying mechanism of plant competition and resource allocation between multiple plants in a SWAT+ plant community?

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages