1. Applicants must have renewed their membership in SPSP for 2009 by
October 1, 2008 (no exceptions).
2. Applicants must have a poster or symposium paper accepted by the 2009
program committee. (Notifications of acceptance were sent by the Program
Committee in August. Please do not submit an application for a Travel Award
unless you have received notification that your submission was accepted).
3. Applicants must be the first or sole author of the accepted conference
4. Applicants must be graduate students at the time of the convention. Work
that was executed while an individual was in graduate school but would be
presented post-graduation is not eligible for consideration.
5. Applicants cannot have previously won a Travel Award or a Diversity
Award from SPSP.
Application Procedure and Deadline:
To be considered for a Travel Award, go to
http://www.spspmeeting.org/awards.htm, and click on the Apply for a Student
Travel Award button.
Applications must be submitted by October 15, 2008.
Decision Process and Notification:
Award decisions will be based on the excellence of the submitted conference
abstract and on the strength of the applicant’s scholarly record, as judged
by the 2009 Student Travel Award Committee. Efforts will be made to insure
representation from diverse institutions and geographical areas. Winners
will be notified by e-mail no later than December 15, 2008.
Please address all inquiries to the chair of the SPSP Student Travel Award
Committee, William Graziano, at graz...@purdue.edu.