2011 "Clash of the Titans" Game 1: a post-mortem

Josh Jordan

Feb 17, 2011, 1:43:46 AM2/17/11
to sprouts-theory
After the first game of the WGOSA-sponsored 2011 "Clash of the Titans"
match between Roman and me ended, Roman wrote, "This was an amazing
game. Very intriguing... It added my white hair. It will be good if
you make a detailed analysis. We simply have to bring it to the
public!"

As requested: http://www.files.takingthefun.com/sprouts/2011clashgame1/index.html

Jean-François Peltier

Feb 17, 2011, 4:30:54 PM2/17/11
to sprouts...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations for this great analysis!

What a game, that pushes Sprouts some levels up!

Move 40 is exceptional, I can't find a winning move in S(11) of nim-values 3^4, an *5 would be enough but I don't think it exists and I don't know what other strange animal could match the *3+*3+5^1.

The following defense on the razor's edge is really brave!

Please send updated tables of nim-values of simple positions if AuntBeast spots errors as I won't.

--
Jeff
Jean-François