Fw: Need help explaining a Khorkov misere rule-of-thumb

danny purvis

Dec 13, 2008, 3:23:49 AM12/13/08
to sprouts...@googlegroups.com
Three Stooges is right. I now realize that the diagram I was looking at when I wrote this already had a move #26 and also a move #27. So the "try" I gave is likely nonsense. I am too disgusted with myself to reconstruct.

The diagram difficulty should not change the logic of my first three sentences below. But I am not sure I like the wording of the second sentence. Perhaps better would be, "So the mover needs either a total shallow even or a total deep odd."

This conversation made me wonder how everyone responded to Roman's recent article "A New (Old) Theorem." I found it hard to deal with. But late this afternoon I fashioned a zovichian interpretation. 4, 10, ... are perhaps all "even quasitraps." An even quasitrap would be a biosphere that must produce a quasiswitch (or else, even worse, a true switch) in an even number of moves. That hypothesis will be something for me to think about - and probably shoot down - later this morning.