Body Politic opens this Friday the 13th // a new exhibition about speculative wearable technologies in a Post-Trump America

Laura Zittrain

Jan 10, 2017, 3:15:55 PM1/10/17
to sprout-discuss
Hello Sproutlings!

It's been awhile since I posted to this list, and wanted to spread the word about a show I think many in our community might be interested in --

I warmly invite you to the opening of a new exhibition, Body Politic, at OPEN, a contemporary art gallery showing tech criticism in the Leather District.

The artists in Body Politic bring together speculative fictions, hopeful ritualistic artifacts and straightforward technology solutions. The collected works -- dresses, devices, and an Afronaut! -- are tangible responses from individuals grappling with loneliness, sexism, and xenophobia... social problems that are in no short supply in a post-election America. And yet, as beautiful and seductive as these objects are, what kind of a world might we end up with if we rely on gadget-making alone?

Learn more at the show website http://galleryopen.org/body-politic and you can see us having a ball installing the show behind-the-scenes at https://instagram.com/galleryopen.

Friday January 13th, 2017, 6pm-8pm
OPEN Gallery
* on tito without an account: https://ti.to/open/body-politic