Ghost Bike Memorial for Rick Archer

Troy Sankey

May 10, 2017, 1:59:35 PM5/10/17
to dis...@somervillebikekitchen.org, Sprout Discuss
In case you missed it, this evening there will be a ghost bike ceremony
for Rick Archer, and bike ride to city hall where there will be a public
BTD hearing. Details in forwarded message below.

Troy

Forwarded message (2017-05-10 13:20:58):
> LOGISTICS: FINAL details for tonight:
>
> 5:30-6:25pm: GHOST BIKE CEREMONY:
> - Please secure your bike in the park on Commmonwealth Ave (blue bike icon)
> - Gather on the Comm & Clarendon sidewalks, leaving space for pedestrians
> (red heart icon)
> - When the ceremony concludes, please move quickly to arrive at City Hall.
> Peter Cheung will guide us. Others will cork as we ride as a group.
>

> 6:45pm ARRIVAL AT CITY HALL:
> - Only entrance will be 1st floor.
> - There will be a metal detector -- bike tools, etc will be fine, but be
> congnizant of what you have
> - Bike parking -- limited at 3rd floor plaza level, possible bike valet at
> 3rd floor level, few posts at 1st floor level but not many
> - Elevators will be slow, better to take stairs
> - Please be quiet inside the council chambers -- we need to remain
> respectful and allow the meeting to proceed. We want to stun them with our
> presence and somber silence.
>
> 9:00-9:30ish: After the BTD hearing:
> - Optional gathering at Ned Devine's Irish Pub. They are expecting us and
> glad to offer hospitality in honor of Rick.
>
> MEDIA:
> - Please post & tweet. Use the hashtags #RideForRicky
> <https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/rideforricky>, #VisionZero
> <https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/visionzero>. #CrashNotAccident
> <https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/crashnotaccident> Boston Transportation
> Department is at @BostonBTD on Twitter. Tweet at our city councilors!
> At-Large Councilors
>
> Ayanna Pressley: @AyannaPressley
> Michelle Wu: @wutrain
> Michael Flaherty: @mfflaherty ‏
> Annissa Essaibi George: @AnnissaForBos
> District Councilors
>
> District 1: Sal LaMattina: @SalLaMattina
> District 2: Bill Linehan: @LinehanBill
> District 3: Frank Baker: [none found]
> District 4: Andrea Campbell: @CampbellforD4
> District 5: Tim McCarthy: @McCarthy4Boston
> District 6: Matt O’Malley: @MattOMalley ‏
> District 7: Tito Jackson: @titojackson
> District 8: Josh Zakim: @joshzakim
> District 9: Mark Ciommo: @MarkCiommo
>

> PRESS:
> - At the Ghost Bike Ceremony, please direct media to spokespeople: Leanne
> Greenman (Lee Loo) Becca Wolfson, Laura Everett and Adam Greenberg 葛天杰. You
> are welcome also to share why you are attending the Ghost Bike Ceremony,
> and your hopes for increased funding from the Boston Transportation
> Department for Vision Zero--but ask the media if they've already spoken
> with the Media Spokespeople.
>
> Thank you all. We will remember Rick well at the ceremony, and honor his
> life with our stories at City Hall.
signature.asc

Troy Sankey

May 10, 2017, 2:25:48 PM5/10/17
to dis...@somervillebikekitchen.org, Sprout Discuss
Quoting Troy Sankey (2017-05-10 13:58:25)
> Forwarded message (2017-05-10 13:20:58):
> > 5:30-6:25pm: GHOST BIKE CEREMONY:
> > - Please secure your bike in the park on Commmonwealth Ave (blue bike icon)
> > - Gather on the Comm & Clarendon sidewalks, leaving space for pedestrians
> > (red heart icon)

See attached image for the "blue bike icon" and "red heart icon".

Troy
Ghost Bike meeting spot.jpg