[Parts and Crafts] Project Night at the Fab Lab!

Katie Gradowski

Oct 25, 2017, 2:12:36 PM10/25/17
to Sprout Discuss
This is happening tomorrow.  We'd love it if you joined us!

Please share and tell your friends!

TOMORROW:  DIY Microscopes!
Thursday 10/26, 6-8 pm
FREE * all are welcome

Building microscopes with the Public Lab!  Public Lab is a non-profit organization that develops low-cost DIY tools for environmental monitoring.  They want to build simple, cheap microscopes that can detect <5um particles fo silica monitoring using the Raspberry Pi.

Parts and Crafts has been exploring a variety of options for Raspberry Pi microscopes, including the Open Flexure microscope, the Hackteria scopeacrylic and LEGO scopes, the Foldscope, and a variety of 3D-printed smartphone adapters.  We've spent a lot of the past month learning, building, troubleshooting, and sourcing materials. We need YOU to come build some scopes, test out the available options, and give us feedback on how well they work! We'll have a Raspicam setup and a few separate designs to work through. Key questions include:

  • Is it easy to build?
  • Are the parts accessible?
  • Can we see what we need to see?
  • How can we break down the project to make it simpler / more understandable?

What is Project Night?   A monthly meet-up at the Fab Lab to hang out and share projects and ideas!  Our first project night will include pizza, microscopes, open build time, and show and tell for people to share projects they're working on.  Bring your friends and bring your projects!   FREE and open to the public.

How to get here. FabVille is located in the basement of Somerville High School. There is 2-hour parking available on Highland Ave. Enter on the east side of campus (near the library), head down the stairs and to the left. FabVille is located at the very end of the hallway on the right.

RSVP here  (or just show up!)