DC Breeze!

39 views
Skip to first unread message

Steve Chang

unread,
Apr 19, 2026, 4:15:07 PMApr 19
to Springfield-Burke-Ultimate
Who's up for seeing some professional ultimate in DC this summer?

We had fun at last year's season finale, watching pro-level ultimate, enjoying ballpark food (they had a BBQ vendor last year, in addition to the normal concessions), and then throwing the disc under the lights back at South Run (lights happened to be on).

Group tickets are $17/person, if we have at least 10.  Games are at Catholic U., and last year we met up at South Run to car pool over.  More info is at their site here:


I'm shooting for one of these Saturday evening games:

6/13 @7pm (v. Boston Glory; Beach Night theme)
7/11 @7pm (v. Philadelphia Phoenix; Season Finale/Fan Appreciation Night)

If you're interested, please chime in here on which game you're prefer, and we can get to planning.  I'm leaning towards the 7/11 game, but either would be fun.

Game on!

Steve

Jeff Katz

unread,
Apr 20, 2026, 10:48:14 AMApr 20
to Springfield-Burke-Ultimate
My vote if for the 7/11 game.  Good day for a Slurpee too...

I can't make the 6/13 game.

Jeff

Jeff & Patty Katz

unread,
Apr 20, 2026, 10:49:18 AMApr 20
to Springfield-Burke-Ultimate
Meant to thank you, Steve for checking into this!
Jeff

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Springfield-Burke-Ultimate" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/springfield-burke-ultimate/9I5-eABYdMU/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to springfield-burke-u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/springfield-burke-ultimate/4046f1aa-cfbb-412f-979d-69e91c4bc7b9n%40googlegroups.com.

Robert Johnson

unread,
Apr 21, 2026, 12:21:50 PMApr 21
to Springfield-Burke-Ultimate
thank Steve!
I'm in for either.
Rob

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Springfield-Burke-Ultimate" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to springfield-burke-u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/springfield-burke-ultimate/CAAU9QnSJs3ueo0d1V7MBfj7dr2KXU%3DPTwz8EhYsdtvabeUMOWw%40mail.gmail.com.

Michael Flory

unread,
Apr 24, 2026, 4:12:00 PMApr 24
to Steve Chang, Springfield-Burke-Ultimate
It was a lot of fun last year!! Count me in again. 

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 19, 2026, at 4:15 PM, Steve Chang <stevechang...@gmail.com> wrote:

Who's up for seeing some professional ultimate in DC this summer?
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Springfield-Burke-Ultimate" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to springfield-burke-u...@googlegroups.com.

Rob n'June

unread,
Apr 24, 2026, 5:11:53 PMApr 24
to Michael Flory, Steve Chang, Springfield-Burke-Ultimate
I’m in for 7/11 (2x tix). Just let me know how we should pay as a group. Thanks, Steve. Rob

Steve Chang

unread,
Jun 27, 2026, 1:36:26 PMJun 27
to Springfield-Burke-Ultimate
Hey Everyone,

We're about 2 weeks out from the 7/11 season finale against the Philadelphia Phoenix, so I'm getting the headcount for our possible group purchase (if we don't have 10 folks, then we'll just need to get individual tickets - they are $17 each if we have 10, otherwise they are $23 each).  Here's who I have going, and please chime in if I've missed anyone and/or if you'd like to join/add anyone:

Myself (+ Ben)
Jeff (Tye-Dye) Katz
Mike (Speedy Mike) Flory
KimchiKrauts (Rob Johnson, I believe) + 1

They have a pretty good selection of ballpark food and drink for pregaming.

Let's try to finalize things this upcoming week - feel free to chime in with any thoughts/changes.

Thanks!

Steve

Jeff & Patty Katz

unread,
Jun 27, 2026, 1:54:36 PMJun 27
to Steve Chang, Springfield-Burke-Ultimate
Unfortunately I’m not going to make it this time.

Somehow I have 3 events on 07/11/26.

Jeff

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Springfield-Burke-Ultimate" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/springfield-burke-ultimate/9I5-eABYdMU/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to springfield-burke-u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/springfield-burke-ultimate/6ea525ae-cfc9-45be-b500-33c963e0918en%40googlegroups.com.

Michael Flory

unread,
Jun 30, 2026, 9:29:55 PMJun 30
to Jeff & Patty Katz, Steve Chang, Springfield-Burke-Ultimate
Steve,
I am still in and excited to go! I noticed its Fan Appreciation Night! 

Mike 

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Springfield-Burke-Ultimate" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to springfield-burke-u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/springfield-burke-ultimate/CAAU9QnSWge1uShHkBgudh2YtA4nnwp%2BCQcWXGZMVEQ5aSh%2BADg%40mail.gmail.com.

Steve Chang

unread,
Jul 1, 2026, 7:15:38 AMJul 1
to Springfield-Burke-Ultimate
Sounds great!  Looks like we've got Mike, Skip, myself, and (likely) my son Ben.  We don't have 10, so let's each just plan to get our own tickets, and we can plan to carpool from South Run again.  If anyone else wants to join, or if I've missed someone, just let us know!

Steve

Steve Chang

unread,
Jul 9, 2026, 7:41:55 AMJul 9
to Springfield-Burke-Ultimate
Gametime nears!  You guys (Skip/Mike/anyone else) want to meet up at South Run Rec to carpool to the game?  6pm?  (game starts at 7)

Steve

Rob n'June

unread,
Jul 9, 2026, 11:35:40 AMJul 9
to Steve Chang, Springfield-Burke-Ultimate
Hey Steve, it’s Rob Schlesiger. Sorry, we can’t make it because of NVTL match that I’m scheduled for now. I was excited to go to my first ever pro ultimate game :( Next time!


Michael Flory

unread,
Jul 9, 2026, 7:17:27 PMJul 9
to Steve Chang, Springfield-Burke-Ultimate
Sounds good to me! Maybe we should leave a little before 6PM so we can grab a bite at the field before the game?

Mike 

On Thu, Jul 9, 2026 at 7:41 AM Steve Chang <stevechang...@gmail.com> wrote:

Steve Chang

unread,
Jul 9, 2026, 8:15:00 PMJul 9
to Michael Flory, Springfield-Burke-Ultimate
Good call!  I think the doors open at 6pm, so maybe we meet at South Run @5:30?  Or even earlier if we want more pregaming time. 

Also, I’ll probably just buy my tix on site, and will get the regular ones (not reserved). 
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages