"Custom Red Hat®-based Distribution and Mirror."

Prentice Bisbal

Mar 1, 2021, 3:57:10 PMMar 1
to springda...@googlegroups.com
On the Springdale Linux website, it describes Springdale Linux as a
"Custom Red Hat®-based Distribution and Mirror". What does "custom" mean
in this case? Do you make any changes to the RHEL binaries, other than
removing branding/trademarking? A coworker recently asked me about this,
and I'm asking here because this seemed the appropriate forum for this
question.

--
Prentice

PedVal

Mar 12, 2021, 1:15:07 AMMar 12
to springdale-users
I think it means minor changes to suit their own needs. But I haven't noticed anything that would stop you transferring from Centos/Oracle/Scientific Linux.