More AppStream 8/9 confusion

Prentice Bisbal

Jul 20, 2022, 10:20:08 PM7/20/22
to springda...@googlegroups.com
My kickstart install is failing because it  wants to install the package pcp-pmda-gpfs.x86_64, which is not referenced in my kickstart. While getting info on the package, I saw package info says it's from the SDL8-Appstream repo. Is that correct?

# dnf info pcp-pmda-gpfs
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:01 ago on Wed 20 Jul 2022 10:05:22 PM EDT.
Available Packages
Name         : pcp-pmda-gpfs
Version      : 5.3.5
Release      : 8.el9
Architecture : x86_64
Size         : 16 k
Source       : pcp-5.3.5-8.el9.src.rpm
Repository   : sdl8-appstream
Summary      : Performance Co-Pilot (PCP) metrics for GPFS Filesystem
URL          : https://pcp.io
License      : GPLv2+
Description  : This package contains the PCP Performance Metrics Domain Agent
             : (PMDA) for collecting metrics about the GPFS filesystem.

--
Prentice