selinux update

Sven Heinicke

Dec 8, 2021, 10:44:30 AM12/8/21
to springdale-users

Is it possible to get a more recent version of `libselinux`?  Springdale 8 comes with ` libselinux-2.9-2.1.module+el8.1.0+...` while the latest RHEL 8 seems to be  `libselinux-2.9-5.el8.x86_64`.

I ask because I think I'm hitting the issue:

And while it seems to be fixed in 2.9-6-fc31 I'm hoping (though not expecting) the changes made it to 2.9-5-el8.

Sven

JP

Dec 8, 2021, 11:14:23 AM12/8/21
to springdale-users
Hullo,

mea culpa - that particular build is in AppStream but was conflicting with the older build in the module, and modules win. I tend to leave everything from a module rather than filter things out, useful for dependencies but bad in this particular case. Sync still ongoing but at least on PU campus if you do yum clean all followed by yum update you should be updated to the correct version.

JP

Sven Heinicke

Dec 8, 2021, 11:23:57 AM12/8/21
to springdale-users

Thanks for updating.  It seems to work now.