GSL 2.5

Predrag Punosevac

Oct 10, 2018, 2:55:31 PM10/10/18
to springdale-users
Dear Springdale-users,

I just wasted 3h of my life with a peace of somebody's C++ code which calls few routines from GSL. I kept getting compilation errors with both gcc-7 as well as llvm-5 from the Springdale SCL repo. It turn out that the problem is  gsl_ran_wishart function. The function was added to GSL 2.5 which was released this summer. However yum is picking GSL 2.4.  Has anybody encountered this. What would be the correct way to replace GSL 2.4 with GSL 2.5. I am running Springdale 7.5 on about 30 large computing nodes.

Best,
Predrag

JP

Oct 10, 2018, 9:44:57 PM10/10/18
to springdale-users
Hullo,

I built GSL 2.5 that installs in /usr/local/gsl/2.5 (similar to 2.4 version), together with matching environment module - it worked pretty easily but I haven't had a chance to do any testing (though it does test itself in %check phase of the build process). It's in computational repo (gsl25, gsl25-devel, env modules in /usr/local/share/Modules/modulefiles/...).

Josko

Predrag Punosevac

Oct 10, 2018, 10:47:49 PM10/10/18
to plaz...@gmail.com, springda...@googlegroups.com
JP <plaz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hullo,
>
> I built GSL 2.5 that installs in /usr/local/gsl/2.5 (similar to 2.4
> version), together with matching environment module - it worked pretty
> easily but I haven't had a chance to do any testing (though it does test
> itself in %check phase of the build process). It's in computational repo
> (gsl25, gsl25-devel, env modules in
> /usr/local/share/Modules/modulefiles/...).

Josko,

Thank you so much for the prompt reaction! I already installed the
package and I will report if I see anything silly.

Predrag