cannot install oVirt-engine

Tony Albers

Oct 16, 2018, 7:10:06 AM10/16/18
to springdale-users
Hi guys,

I'm trying to use oVirt on SDL, but it's kinda difficult.

If I follow the install instructions on https://www.ovirt.org/download/  I run into a load of missing dependencies.

It seems that CentOS has a repo:
[ovirt-4.2-centos-ovirt42]
name=CentOS-7 - oVirt 4.2
gpgcheck=1
enabled=1

This contains the packages I'm missing.

Is there something like this I can use on SDL if I want to avoid CentOS repos?

/tony

Tony Albers

Oct 16, 2018, 7:47:06 AM10/16/18
to springdale-users
I think especially these are interesting:

rhel-7-server-rpms
rhel-7-server-optional-rpms
rhel-7-server-extras-rpms

They should provide the packages I need together with the ovirt release repo: https://resources.ovirt.org/pub/yum-repo/ovirt-release42.rpm

Any ideas?

Thanks,

/tony

JP

Oct 16, 2018, 10:23:49 PM10/16/18
to springdale-users
Hullo,

I just tried installing that ovirt-release rpm and after a few obvious mods it worked:
cp /usr/share/ovirt-release42/ovirt-el7-x86_64-deps.repo /etc/yum.repos.d/ovirt-4.2-dependencies.repo
sed -i -e 's|fc\$releasever|el7|' /etc/yum.repos.d/ovirt-4.2.repo

After that
yum install ovirt-engine
resolves dependencies for me though I didn't try actually installing.

JP

Tony Albers

Oct 17, 2018, 4:00:25 AM10/17/18
to springdale-users
Hi JP,

Yeah, I noted that the -dependencies.repo file was missing. Never thought of it being put in /usr/share and not in /etc/yum.repos.d -must be a misconfig somewhere.

Thanks!

/tony