rsync'ing springdale

Tony Albers

Feb 27, 2019, 5:38:08 AM2/27/19
to springdale-users
hi guys,

So, I've been trying to mirror springdale using rwth-aachen.de via ftp and reposync.

But if I run the anaconda installer from a boot-iso and point to my repo, I can't get a list of installation groups(like "server with gui" etc.)

I'm considering using rsync instead, but has anyone got a cookbook for setting it up to mirror springdale?

I've looked through the group springdale-users, but I can't find anything detailed enough.

Thanks,

/tony

Tony Albers

Feb 27, 2019, 10:26:28 AM2/27/19
to springdale-users
Ah, just found Prentice's script in here which I used for inspiration.

So rsync is running right now.

Next up is getting the .repo files right and checking that anaconda works.

I'll post back when I'm further along.

/tony

JP

Feb 27, 2019, 10:28:40 AM2/27/19
to springdale-users
Good morning,

something like

rsync springdale.princeton.edu::PUIAS.WORLD

should show what's available outside our campus.  Ben has it too on his mirror.math.princeton.edu but not sure about the path.

As far as repo files - on our internal clusters I frequently just override host names ;).

Josko

Tony Albers

Feb 27, 2019, 11:32:26 AM2/27/19
to springdale-users
Thx JP

Yeah, the rsync output is what I've used for input to the script.

gpg keys, are they just copied along and working as is?

/tony

Prentice Bisbal

Mar 13, 2019, 1:25:41 PM3/13/19
to springda...@googlegroups.com
Hey, look at that! I've done something useful! I'm glad you found my
script useful.

--
Prentice