The future of Spring.Persistence (aka Marshmallow)

Stefan Glienke

Aug 2, 2018, 7:48:31 AM8/2/18
to Spring4D
You may have noticed not much development has been done in this area and the original author also left the Delphi world some while ago which means he no longer contributed since.

Also there are more and more commercial ORMs being developed that are very similar in their design (TMS Aurelius, DevArt EntityDAC and most recently also DevExpress ExpressEntityMapping Framework) that probably do their job pretty well.

I am a strong believer of sticking to core competencies (I have enough work to do on Spring.Base and Spring.Core) which makes me considering to discontinue any development (what is there will be working) in this area until anyone with enough expertise joins the team to continue work.

Please let me know any feedback

Eddy M.

Aug 3, 2018, 3:09:41 AM8/3/18
to Spring4D
Hi,
I am using MM in production with only one fmx app under Android.
I think it's a bit sad for MM but it's the right way IMHO.
I would like to support this project, but Mr.Time is not my good friend.
I will use EntityDAC by Devart as today we still use UniDAC.

You and yuor staff are doing extreme good job.
Thanks.

Jacek Laskowski

Sep 27, 2018, 11:30:47 AM9/27/18
to Spring4D
Is Marshmallow suitable for production use in its current state?

Marcos Vinícius Santos

May 12, 2019, 2:47:15 PM5/12/19
to Spring4D
Hello
I am using Spring4d in my projects and would like to help with their development.
I've made some changes and additions to new features that I'm willing to share with the community. I also have plans to implement new features.

Features to be implemented:
* Soft delete
* OrderBy in OneToMany relationship
* CriteriaUpdate and CriteriaDelete
* UniqueResult method
* Auditing

Larry Hengen

Aug 8, 2019, 2:12:13 PM8/8/19
to Spring4D
I would be very interested in your enhancements for * OrderBy in OneToMany relationship and * Auditing

Pavel Novák

Aug 9, 2019, 1:16:15 AM8/9/19
to Spring4D
Good news.
I interested relationships OneToMany and complex index for children aka Order||Items.
Sort ObjectDataset in grid.