Can I use spring4d with ios simulator ?

marc...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2023, 10:30:32 AM11/28/23
to Spring4D
Hi,

When I try to compile for ios simulator I get the follow error :
" bad unit format - Expected version: 36.0, Unk(ARM64) Found version: 36.0, Unk(ARM64)"

It is possible compile for ios simulator ?
Best regards
Marcos

Stefan Glienke

Nov 28, 2023, 11:08:59 AM11/28/23
to Spring4D
Can I assume that you used Build.exe to compile for iOS Device 64-bit and then just added the dcu directory to your library path for iOS Simulator ARM 64-bit?
Because that most likely won't work (although that error message from the compiler is not at all helpful)

Support for iOS Simulator ARM 64-bit was missing from Build.exe - you have two options (well three, but I always discourage people from doing the third one, that is: adding the source directory of the spring units you need to your project):
- open the project group and add the target platform for the Sim to the packages you need units from and build them, then fix the library path for the Sim platform to use the iOSSimARM64 folder (not the iOSDevice64 one, remove it if you previously added it)
- wait until I fix it and get the latest commit from the develop branch (probably later today or tomorrow)

marc...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2023, 12:06:26 PM11/28/23
to Spring4D
Yes I used the build.exe program