Is it possible to add shape to graph

Mathias Aldrin

Sep 30, 2015, 7:06:48 AM9/30/15
to Spreadsheet::WriteExcel
Hi,

I have a graph with numbers on my y-axis and date and time on my x-axis.
My graph consists of data from two periods.

I would like to indicate the end of period1 and beginning of period2 with a vertical line inside the graph.
Is this possible?

I have only managed to add a line to the workbook meaning when I move my graph the line is not moving.
I would like the line belong to the graph, not to the workbook.
Manually inserting a line into the graph from within excel is not a problem.
I would also like to specify the position of my line by specifying a date.

Br Mathias

Auto Generated Inline Image 1

jmcnamara

Sep 30, 2015, 7:09:39 AM9/30/15
to Spreadsheet::WriteExcel

On Wednesday, 30 September 2015 12:06:48 UTC+1, Mathias Aldrin wrote:

I would like to indicate the end of period1 and beginning of period2 with a vertical line inside the graph.
Is this possible?

Hi,

Unfortunately, adding shapes to graphs isn't possible and isn't likely to be possible in the future.

John.